DUE DATE: 12/14, Thursday, 3:20pm.
I have chosen to offer up a number of final projects this semester. These Final Projects can be done in shorter period of time, but I want you to stay on point with CRAFTSMANSHIP. The following YouTube video list will help you get started and hopefully spur some creativity when designing your own artwork. Good Luck!
Please choose 2 from list below and what is required for each:
- 2-3 sketches for each
- Save and post as Final Project.
- Post all sketches, images and notes.
- Paragraph with final post describing your thought process, not only what you did, but why you did it.
- Final 24×36″ file.
- Final PSD or AI file given to professor for printing! You can pick up prints at the beginning of next semester.
Logo design for “your” sports team.
Simple Geometric Character Design
Double Exposure Effect
Retro Style Abstraction
Golden Ratio Logo!
Please have a model ready to printed by Tuesday end of class, NOV 21!
(Entire project due at end of semester)
Structural Packaging and Design
In this project, we will use the templates in Paul Jackson’s book STRUCTURAL PACKAGING to design boxes for toys that we will 3D Print. So this project will have two elements.
1) A designed package for your toy and
2) the toy itself.
If you have not gone through the tutorials for TINKERCAD, I suggest you do. These tutorials will help you out a great deal. Your designs should be 100% original. We are not interested in creating a toy that already exists.
You should also be thinking of a name for your toy and a design for your box. Will your box be a cage for a terrible monster? Or will it be a cute nest design for something adorable?
- Notes on ideas (mind map), posted
- sketches of toy design, posted
- sketches of box design, posted
- final toy(s) for display, posted
- final printed and folded box for display, posted
- additional packaging materials like instructions, etc. would be a great addition, posted
Everything should be posted.
P05: Hand-Drawn Type and Movie Quote
Due Date: end of class on 16th.
Sift through you knowledge of movies and quotes that you might like illustrating. This project will be all about converting the romance and nuance of the hand-drawn into our illustration. You may not use type outright via the Text Tool! You may choose to trace it using pen and paper, but no drawing on the computer! This must me with pen/pencil and paper!
- Inspriational images: At least 5 posted.
- Sketches: at least 5 posted!
- Final work: 24×36″, posted. (remember to reduce the image to around 1000px)
CE23: Rotate Tool and Reflect Tool
Create starburst patterns. Overlay on top of one another and keep building using blending modes in Illustrator (Transparency Panel)
Create at least 10 different combinations.
Lets explore the Blend Tool today. The Blend tool allows us to create blends between shapes and colors.
Follow along with this Illustator tutorial.
Save and post as CE22.
Pathfinder Panel allows you to make complex shapes by combining shapes or by subtracting shapes from other shapes.
We will move through the Pathfinder tools and the Shape Tool together to figure out how they work.
Save and post your work as CE21.
We will watch this video together in class.
Complete vectorizing the hand-drawn type “Safe”.
You will need these images.